Friday, December 21, 2007

Devotions 21-12-07 (Eph 4:14-16)

"As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves, and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him, who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by that which every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love."

We discussed the above passage in our bible study this morning and were challenged to do our part in making this true in our lives and in the life of the fellowship we are committed to.

First I must not be a spiritual child but grow up and take responsibility in how I serve my Lord. I must seek to be a maturing believer and do my part to see the body of Christ to grow.

I must seek to speak the truth in love and not in arrogance or pride but in humility and in a caring attitude. I must follow my Lord and King because He is the One directing the whole growth of His body.

He is concerned for us as individuals but also as a body of believers. All of this must be done in love in order for it to have any real and true value. I Cor 13 is very clear that if I do anything with out love it is worthless and accomplishes nothing.

So how do I do this? In a real sense I cannot; only by the power of Christ in me am I be able to do anything. I am not a lone ranger but I need my fellow believers in order to bring honor to my Lord and King. I must help individuals in their personal growth and yet together with others we must impact the world around us with the good news of Jesus Christ. What a wonderful time of the year to share this message of Jesus coming to earth to reveal to us God's love and sacrifice for each one of us. The Lord Jesus in the crib in Bethlehem is the same Lord Jesus that went to the cross outside Jerusalem. Thank You God for Your great gift to the world for our deliverance and freedom from sin and evil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home