Friday, December 07, 2007

Devotions 07-12-07 (Eph 4:4-6)

"There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all."

There are seven one's listed above. The number seven is the number of completeness in the bible. To make the above list brief it would look like this: one body, one Spirit, one hope of our calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism and one God and Father. It would take some days to think and meditate on each of these seven items listed.

Maybe the most obvious is where to begin. God is one and He wants us to be focused on one thing at a time. He has a great desire that we are one with Him and that we are one with each other.

Lord I have a lot to learn about what it means to be one with You and with others. I am still learning what it means to be one with my wife and sweetheart of nearly 50 years. Thank You for making it clear what is really important in life and what should be my focus. I need Your help to truly say, this one thing I do and I will do it well by Your grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home