Thursday, November 29, 2007

Devotions 29-11-07 (Eph 3:20-21)

"Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen."

I have said or prayed this statement many times over the years and thought I would do a little meditating on it today.

I like the Message translation as a fresh translation. "God can do anything, you know---far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, His Spirit deeply and gently within us. Glory to God in the church! Glory to God in the Messiah, in Jesus! Glory down all the generations! Glory through all millennia! Oh, yes!" It would be wonderful if I could maintain this truth all the days of my life and especially when I go to pray. This evening at our regular bible study time we are spending the evening in prayer. I pray I could take the truth and spirit of these verses into our time with God before His throne of Grace.

It is God who is working in us that is doing this great work. It is not an outside force or an angel who is doing something for us but His Spirit who dwells in us!

There is so much I need to learn about God and His mighty power at work in me. I desire to have the intimacy with God and trust or faith to allow Him to do the mighty works that I know He desires to do in or through me. Lord, guide me in what You want to do through me today. I want to give You the Glory for whatever You might do in me or through me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home