Friday, November 30, 2007

Devotions 30-11-07 (Eph 3:6)

The mystery "...that the Gentiles are fellow heirs and fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel..."

I want to review again the three fold aspect of the mystery of Christ that was given to Paul and opened the way for Gentiles to have access to God. I have not written about this before but I have been working on this in a bible study for a few weeks now. I think this is so important for me to have a clear grip or understanding on what God is teaching me through this teaching of the apostle Paul.

Because of Christ I am now a fellow heir with the people of God and I am a member of Christ's body along with the Jews and we both have the same promise in Christ. That promise is that by faith in Christ I have forgiveness of sins and have eternal life. This truth has been hidden for generations but has now been revealed through the apostles and the prophets. This all came through the good news of Christ and his life, death and resurrection.

This is an amazing privilege and blessing by the grace of God. I have done nothing to merit this privilege but God has given it to me as a priceless gift.
All I can do is to thank Him and to praise Him. I can also be His humble servant and seek to proclaim this wonderful message to the world. Yet even in this I need God's grace for the wisdom and strength to proclaim such a priceless message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home