Monday, December 03, 2007

Devotions 03-12-07 (Eph 3:17-19)

...so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fulness of God."

In studying chapter 3 of Ephesians one of my applications was on this love described in the above verses. I was challenged to make the love of God the foundation of my character. I must not forget that God's love in and through me is more important than anything I may know or do.

It is amazing how quickly this love and compassion can leave my being and is replaced by selfishness and concern for things or projects that crowds out the love of God from my life. I know that prayer is a major key to prevent this from happening. The above passage is in the context of a prayer that the apostle Paul is praying. This alone should help me to get my heart and spirit focused on prayer more than it is.

Lord, thank You for Your great and magnificent love which reaches out in every direction and must fill my total being. I truly want this to be in my life but I must spend more time in your presence in order for this to become a reality. Thank You for Your patience with me and the Love You show me so very richly. Lord protect me from being so selfish with Your love but I would be eager to give to others the Love you have shown me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home