Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Devotions 05-12-07 (Eph 4:1-2)

"I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, entreat you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing forbearance to one another in love..."

I am urged to live my Christian life in a way that would bring honor and respect to my calling in the Lord Jesus. It is an honorable and wonderful calling to be called a child of God Almighty. He has paid a great price for my salvation and my new life in Jesus. I must seek to have or to receive the character God desires for me to possess; humility, gentleness, patience and loving forbearance.

It is amazing how quickly I can lose the resolve to live my life worthy of my calling in Jesus Christ and to give in to thoughts of the world and my temporal desires. I am learning more each day just how weak I am and how I need the awareness of His presence in me every moment of the day and night. I am gaining a new awareness of praying without ceasing and discussing all things in my life with my Lord throughout my waking hours.

Lord, I am grateful for Your indwelling presence in my life and I want to be ever more aware of how You want to lead me by Your Spirit. I need Your strength and wisdom in all I seek to do to honor You. Lord, guide my steps today and help me to live my life worthy of my calling in the Lord Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home