Thursday, December 06, 2007

Devotions 06-12-07 (Eph 4:1-3)

"I therefore the prisoner of the Lord, entreat you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing forbearance to one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."

Does this sound like an impossible task to you? It sure does to me! I am called to be humble, gentle with patience and showing a forbearing spirit to others in love and at the same time to be diligent to keep unity of the Spirit in the boundaries of peace. Surely only God could produce such relationships among sinners such as me. Yet it sounds so very wonderful that I know I must try my best with God's help even if I fail. Even if I come close to this it would be a wonderful experience.

I know the ways of God are the best ways and I must do my best to follow His ways. He has promised to be with me and to help me and I know that He can be trusted completely.

Lord, I am grateful for Your Word and Your wisdom. I know I will be most fulfilled and experience Your peace if I would only obey Your Word and follow Your instructions. Guide me in Prayer Lord that Your thoughts in these verses might burn in my heart as I bow before You now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home