Monday, December 10, 2007

Devotions 10-12-07 (Eph 4:11-13)

"And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fulness of Christ."

There is so much in these few verses but I am going to focus on the objective of what the leaders are suppose to be doing and their results. Not their individual jobs but who they are seeking to help and equip. Verse 12 "for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;..." It is the saints who are suppose to be doing the work of service and not the leaders.

Yet in another sense both the leaders and the saints are to be building up the body of Christ and seeing unity and faith produced. We are all students of our Lord and He is the One who is enabling us all to do our part in building up the body of Christ and His glorious Kingdom.

Lord thank You for the privilege to be a light to the world around me and help me to fulfill Your task for me in seeing Your body built up in Estonia. I pray that my labor would multiply greatly in the lives of many Estonians after I leave this small but strategic country. Help me to use these last six months wisely and be focused on what I should be doing. Thank You for enabling the going away party for Ed to be successful. Lord use it in even a far greater way than I could ever imagine. Use it for Your glory and honor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home