Monday, November 26, 2007

Devotions 26-11-07 {Eph 3:8)

"To me, the very least of all saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unfathomable riches of Christ..."

I am studying the book of Ephesians with two different groups of folks in Estonia. I think we all have been learning a lot of the rich truths of God from this book. We did a portion of Chapter 3 this past week. What stood out to me was verse 8 of this chapter, which I have written above.

In several places in this chapter and also in this verse Paul humbles himself and speaks of himself as someone of no great importance. He wants to be sure that the Lord Jesus is the one that gets all the glory. He says that he is the least of all believers and has been given a great privilege. This was given to him by God and it was nothing he earned or deserved. The privilege to preach or proclaim to the Gentiles( this was anyone that was not a Jew) the unfathomable or unsearchable riches of Christ. There is not limit to the riches or wealth or treasures that I have in Jesus Christ.

What are some of these riches I have. I have forgiveness of my sins and a promise of a life that gives me freedom from all the things in the world that make me a slave. Many are a slave to drugs, big paying jobs, uncontrolled sex, positions of power or prestige and the list goes on. I have a joy and a peace that an unbeliever in Christ can never have because it is unreachable without Christ. You have to read the New Testament of the Bible to really see or understand all these riches we have in Christ.

So what did I learn from this? I must realize how wealthy I am in knowing Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I must share this wealth with others as a privilege and not as a duty. There must be no pride in any way in my sharing because this truth was given to me by others. I did not discover it myself and really no one has because it is God who has brought this truth to the world in the person of Jesus Christ. Thank You Lord for the wonderful riches You have given me in Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home