Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Devotions 27-11-07 (Eph 3:14-16)

"For this reason, I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man;"

This whole chapter 3 is an amazing study on what God has done for us in Christ. It is continuing to explain all the riches I have in Christ. Now the apostle Paul is praying for us "to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man". What does this really mean?

I think Paul was praying that the Holy Spirit who lives in us as believers would give us an inner strength to do those things that are truly pleasing to God. I think it depends on my resolve to truly do His will and not what I want to do. I think I should be eager to do what God desires for me to do. I know that I do not have the strength or the ability but God is eager to give it to me if I truly trust Him.

Lord, I desire to have strength in the inner man through the Holy Spirit to serve You and to honor You with my life. I know I have already seen this strength in my life for brief moments and I trust I would grow in being more in tune with the Spirit so He may work more freely through me. Lord, thank You for Your wonderful Grace and Lovingkindness to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home