Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Devotions 13-11-07 (II Peter 1:10-11)

"Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble; for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you."

Again we are talking about the qualities of a man walking with God. They are important and give meaning and purpose to my life. If I am having a problem then I need to examine my calling and my relationship with my Savior. When I know what I have in Christ I will be diligent to grow in these qualities day by day.

When sins gets a hold of me and I fail to live the life I know is God's desire for me I get discouraged and can be drawn back into my old way of life. Then I began to feel that God does not love me any longer and I keep going downhill in my relation to my wonderful Lord. This is a lie from the enemy of my soul and I must not allow this to happen.

Lord give me the diligence to pursue these qualities and to keep increasing in them and to treasure this intimacy with You. There is so much in the world to distract me and I need other believers to help me to stay on course and to follow You. Thank You Lord for those You have brought into my life to encourage me and to keep me pressing ahead. I Love You Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home