Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Devotions 14-11-07 (II Peter 1:12)

"Therefore I shall always be ready to remind you of these things, even though you already know them, and have been established in the truth which is present with you."

How good am I at taking reminders from others? How many times have I said to my friends or others, "Oh, yes I know that". But in truth am I really doing what I know I should be doing? I think I need to be more receptive to others that remind me of what I know but I could always be more faithful or diligent in my doing what I know.

I hope I have become more sensitive to what others remind me of concerning the truths of God. Maybe in my older age I realize how easy I tend to forget things that I really do not want to forget. So remind me as much as you desire and I will be grateful.

I love God's calling me to go and make disciples in all the nations. I love the personal friendship and intimacy I can have with those of like heart and mind. We can really be honest with each other and help one another to be faithful to the truths of God as we press on through life. I am so grateful for all the reminders of personal discipline needed in my walk with God as I observe my fellow believers and listen to their reminders of what God says to us in His Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home