Friday, November 09, 2007

Devotions 09-11-07 (II Peter 1:9)

"For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins."

Moral excellence, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness, love. Seven qualities we need to be fruitful.

I do not want to be blind or short-sighted but I will be unless I exercise diligence in making these qualities above part of my life. It also means that I have forgotten what Christ has done for me when He cleansed me of my sin. This is a good cross-reference to Eph 2 concerning our salvation.

The problem is that I have forgotten what Christ did to make me a new person and I am drifting back into my old life. How sad and how awful to lose out on all I have in Christ because of my lack of diligence in my faith.

How awful is the pull of the world to draw me away from all the wonderful promises God has given to me in Christ. I must watch my time and my activities to prevent such short-sightedness or blindness happening to me. Oh, the power and strength I find in God's Word when I listen and obey what God says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home