Thursday, November 08, 2007

Devitions 08-11-07 (II Peter 1:8)

"For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."

What we are doing is seeking to apply all diligence to our faith. There are seven qualities that we are seeking to have in our lives, they are listed below;

Moral excellence, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, brotherly kindness and love.

Notice that these qualities are to be in my life and increasing. There is no end because life in dynamic. These will be increasing in my life or decreasing; there is no arrival point and then I can quit.

I am promised to have a useful part in God's purposes and I will be fruitful. This has to do with knowing the Lord Jesus Christ in an intimate and dynamic way. That is what my whole life should be about; having an intimate relationship with my Lord.

Lord, help me to keep these qualities in my heart so I am always reminded of these being a part of my life and increasing. Not just words but the truths that are in each one. I do long to have and maintain that intimacy with my great God and Savior Jesus Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home