Monday, June 18, 2007

Devotions 18-06-07

Ps 119:65-68

You have dealt well with Your servant, O Lord, according to Your word. Teach me good discernment and knowledge, for I believe in Your commandments. Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep Your word. Your are good and do good; teach me Your statutes.

Today is the day after Father's day and I am reflecting on all my conversations with my children. I am so grateful Lord for all You have done for me and the family You have given me. I stand in awe at Your goodness and kindness to me.

I see in a fresh new way my great need for discernment and knowledge in order to direct their lives in maturity and to be wise in facing life's issues. I feel so inadequate in helping them as I really should. I do believe Your commandments and know that a good grasp of them would give me the discernment and knowledge that I long to have.

I am very much of aware that the difficult times that I have had have been a blessing in teaching me how much I need Your word in my life. I know this but it is so easy to get distracted by life that I soon fail in keeping my priorities straight. Oh, I know that You are good and that You do good. Help me Lord to grasp this truth and never to let it go. Lord help me to learn and keep on learning all the days of life that You give to me.

Lord, hear my prayer today as I pray these truths deeper into my life. I need Your knowledge and discernment so greatly in following the priorities that You have laid out for me. I know there must be a real focus on my part to make these truths stick in my heart and mind. Spirit of God be my teacher and my guide as I seek to do this for the glory of the Almighty, the God of all the ages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home