Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Devotions 05-06-07

Ps 119:9-11

How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Your word. With all my heart I have sought You; do not let me wander from Your commandments. Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You.

As a 74 year old man, I would say this applies to old men and young men in how to remain pure in your thoughts and actions. It is by having a consistent intake of the bible and applying it to my life. This is not to be a half hearted effort but with all my heart. I must be ever so conscious that I have the tendency to wander away from the truths in God's Word.

I must treasure the truths of God in my heart and reflect on them consistently so I can minimize the sin that I am so prone to do. I know the evil one and my flesh does not want me to do this or it would be much easier to do. Even at my age I must keep memorizing God's Word to have the protection I yearn to have against sin.

This is a truth that I have known for 50+ years and it is as vital to me today as it was then. Oh, that I could get others to see the value and the profit in having the Word of God in your heart. I must work with my grandchildren and help them to see the value and to help them to accomplish this for their good and safety. Lord I have said this so many times but I really want to have a better routine at memorizing and meditating on Your Word. Please help me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home