Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Devotions 12-06-07

Ps 119:41-43
May Your lovingkindnesses also come to me, O Lord, Your salvation according to Your word; So I shall have an answer for him who reproaches me, for I trust in Your word. And do not take the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, for I wait for Your ordinances.

In this part of Psalm 119:41-48 we have seven words used to describe the instructions of the Lord. Two are mentioned in the three verses above. God's word and His ordinances.

The other five words are: law, precepts, testimonies,commandments and statutes. What do these words mean and have to do with the instructions from God. I will work on these the next few days and see what I can learn. I can see that all of these have to do with my conduct and actions to what God says. I think I can safely say that God is very much interested in what I do not what I know but what I do with what He says.

I know that I have much to do in making what I know really affect the actions I do in my life. God says to not have any anxiety in anything but I still become anxious about certain things. I am not obeying what God says so where am I missing the boat. I will do some meditating on this. I know life would be much easier if I would just trust God and not be anxious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home