Thursday, May 31, 2007

Devotions 31-05-07

Ps 118:27-29

The Lord is God and He has given us light; bind the festival sacrifice with cords to the horns of the altar. You are my God, and I give thanks to You; You are my God, I extol You. Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His lovingkindness is everlasting.

The Lord is God not a god. He alone can give us true light. Light that reveals truth and wrong. I am not sure what that next phrase has to deal with but I will pass over it today. But I do see the need to declare that God is my God and I must give Him thanks and to also exalt Him. What a privilege to know that God knows me and I know Him. I have a fresh relationship with Him whenever I spend time with Him and communicate with Him. Oh, to remember all the time that God is good and does no evil nor does He tempt anyone with evil. Also His lovingkindness is always there; it is not temporary but everlasting. God does not show us just kindness which would be great but it is loving kindness. Often it is translated mercy.

There is so much to apply from these verses to my life. The Lord is my God. He has given me light in order to live my life. He gives me a grateful spirit and attitude. He reminds me that He is good; there is no evil in Him. He is also loving and kind which is not just sometime but all the time. Oh, Lord help me to never forget these truths; burn them in my mind and character. Help me to live confidently that these truths will forever be in our relationship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home