Friday, June 01, 2007

Devotions 01-06-07

Ps 119:1-3

How blessed are those whose way is blameless(having integrity), who walk in the law of the Lord. How blessed are those who observe His testimonies, who seek Him with all their heart. They also do no unrighteousness; they walk in His ways.

There are three things the psalmist urges me to do. (1) Walk in the law of the Lord. Live my life according to the teaching of the bible. (2) Seek the Lord with all my heart. Make it a focus in my life to learn to know God more. (3) Walk in the ways of God. Live life with eternity in view. Seeking to be like Jesus in all I do.

There will be three results. (1) I will be blessed as the results of knowing God's word and will have a life of integrity. (2) I will be blessed from my seeking the Lord and will be careful to do what God has told me. (3) I will avoid the ways of unrighteousness because I am following the ways of God.

Now all I have to do is to get this into my life. Not so easy as seeing what I should do and writing about it. It is a start; now the real work begins. And yet it does not depend totally on me because the Holy Spirit lives in me and He gives me the strength and power to do this. It does mean that I must maintain a close relationship with the Lord through the Word and Prayer. Lord, thanks for Your great work of Grace in my life in all I seek to do for Your glory.

1 Comments:

At 4:52 AM, Blogger Bob Sander-Cederlof said...

Did you receive the email messages I sent?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home