Monday, June 11, 2007

Devotions 11-06-07

Ps 119:33-35

Teach me, O Lord, the way of Your statutes, and I shall observe it to the end. Give me understanding, that I may observe Your law, and keep it with all my heart. Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it.

I do not know what has happened to my blog today but there is no color options and I can not find the right tab to restore it. So this is sort of a blah blogg but I know God is in His Word and He will make this profitable if I can set aside my disappointment.

I do want God to teach me because I have so much to learn. I also want to retain what I learn and make it a part of my life and character. Next I need Him to give me understanding so I can apply His truths correctly. I sure do not want to misunderstand what God is saying; that could lead me in the wrong way. I think this requires a lot of prayer and meditation. Last of all I need to live what I have learned and understand. It is the living of God's truth that is the goal. Head knowledge is pretty worthless unless it is applied to me as a person and lived out in my actions.

Lord, help me to learn from You and to seek Your understanding of what You are saying to me. I do want to live out my life walking in the path of Your instructions and commands. I have done so many foolish things in my life doing what I thougt was right and what You were saying to me. I want to pray more and have Your clear understanding of what You are saying before I do anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home