Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Devotions 13-06-07

Ps 119:54-56

Your statutes are my songs in the house of my pilgrimage. O Lord
I remember Your name in the night, and keep Your law. This has become mine, that I observe Your precepts.

God's instructions need to be my songs because of the joy they bring to me. I truly want to delight in them. Even at night I want to think on the Lord and purpose to follow God's clear laws for me. I want to have the conviction that I will observe and follow God's principles of living a holy life.

Here or some definitions: Statutes-An act of a corporation or of its founder intended as a permanent rule. or a law enacted by the legislative branch of a government. (a rule or law of God which He wants us to follow all the time)
Law- A binding custom or practice of a community; a rule of conduct or action prescribed as binding by a controlling authority. ( a rule or law which God knows we need to follow to live in community with each other) Precepts- A command or principle intended as a general rule of action. ( God wants us to follow rules that will make our actions effective and reach godly results)

I am getting a new appreciation for God's word and the details in which He specifically directs me and instructs me on how I should live. He has done so much to insure that I will not fail in His purposes for me. All I must do is to be in His word regularly and to learn what He has written down for me to follow. On top of this the Holy Spirit lives within me to remind me and guide me in the paths I should take.

1 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I have been learning a lot about God's law recently and am finding that I am deficient in many areas...especially in faithfulness to the resources God has provided. Last Sunday we were looking at the courage it takes to hold fast to God's law in that Joshua was told to be very courageous and he was to demonstrate that courage by being faithful to meditate on the Law of God.

I find that there are a multitude of reasons why I can justify my unfaithfulness. It is easy to be careless with my words and not take responsibilty for the impact of what I say...or don't say. I can blame others for being too sensitive or I can avoid someone in order not to offend. I am challenged by what kind of true stand for Jesus am I making at work. Am I flying under the radar because I don't want to "offend". Am I willing to be "utterly drided" because I won't turn aside from God's law?

I was reading some responses to Kirk Cameron's testimony on a news blog. There were actually "Christians" rebuking him because he was promoting hate when he holds to the teaching that people will go to hell if they don't receive Jesus. In a world bent on tolerance our stand for God's law is not going to be well received. Do I have the courage to be counted among those who have put their hope in this law. I pray for an increase in that courage and a voice to be counted wherever I go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home