Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Devotions 29-05-07

Ps 118:16-18

The right hand of the Lord is exalted; the right hand of the Lord does valiantly. I shall not die, but live, and tell of the works of the Lord. The Lord has disciplined me severely, but He has not given me over to death.

Authority or power is the right hand in scripture. So I could say that the authority of the Lord is exalted; the authority of the Lord does valiantly. In the military the ranking officer is always on the right hand.

God's authority is exalted or praised. The authority of God always does valiantly against all evil and those who reject His authority. He has authority over my life and disciplines me when I do wrong. God desires that I be busy about telling the world about His mighty works. He may severely discipline me but He will not put me to death. There is sin in which He will put me to death but it is vague in scripture what that might be. My concern is that I stay as far away from sin as I can so I never come close to that category. The authority of the Lord is comforting and not fearful.

Lord, I want to be an obedient son and servant of Yours. I want to listen to your commands and follow what You say. I truly want to tell of Your great works to the world in which I live. I want to accept Your discipline respectfully and learn from Your instructions. Oh, Lord help me in my weakness and help me to live in Your strength and not mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home