Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Devotions 30-05-07

Ps 118:19-21

"Open to me the gates of righteousness; I shall enter through them, I shall give thanks to the Lord. This is the gate of the Lord; the righteous will enter through it. I shall give thanks to You, for You have answered me; and You have become my salvation."

The psalmist has made a statement of faith. He said to the Lord if You will open to me the gate to righteousness I will go through it. Of course to walk through that gate makes you very grateful to the Lord. He recognized that this gate belongs only to the Lord and only those who exercise faith can go through it. He again expresses thankfulness because God has answered his request of faith. Now he has experienced the salvation of God which is to know Him personally. It is so simple but also so very profound.

God has not just given me salvation but He has become my salvation. It is a personal relationship that has changed my life forever. He revealed to me the gate of righteousness by His grace and lovingkindness . By faith I said I would go through that gate and that gate belongs to the Lord but in fact it is the Lord.
To know God and have His salvation produces in me such a gratefulness for everything. Oh Lord, I am so grateful for all You have given to me but most of all the privilege of having a personal relationship with You. Help me not to keep it to myself but to share it with all those who You bring into my path. Give me boldness and courage to share it with the great and the small.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home