Friday, May 25, 2007

Devotions 25-05-07

Ps 118:6-9

The Lord is for me; I will not fear; what can man do to me? The Lord is for me among those who help me; therefore I shall look with satisfaction on those who hate me. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes.

What a comfort to know that God is my most faithful supporter and He is worthy of my complete trust. Others can deceive me and trick me or trap me but God will not let them succeed. Even when I am around those who hate me the Lord will be my protection and will not allow their evil against me to do me harm.

Even princes of men can not be trusted like the Lord. They do not have the character and wisdom as the Lord so still the Lord is my best confidant or refuge. So I should spend much of my time knowing my Lord and sharing my heart with Him. I should seek His counsel and wisdom in whatever I do.

I can say all these nice words but how do I truly do this. First of all it requires time and in a busy world that requires a strong determination that this is the best use of my time. If I am too busy to spend time with God then I am truly too busy and must cut something out to make time for Him. Time with God in His Word and in Prayer is the best investment of time that I have. Lord keep me ever faithful to this time with You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home