Monday, May 21, 2007

Devotions 21-05-07

Ps 111:1-3
Praise the Lord! I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart, in the company of the upright and in the assembly. Great are the works of the Lord; they are studied by all who delight in them. Splendid and majestic is His work; and His righteousness endures forever.

The Lord is worthy of my praise and I must keep His praise always on my lips. I must also keep my heart filled with thanks for all God is doing in my life. Oh, the power and blessing of a thankful heart. I want to do this with my friends and small groups of gatherings and also when I am in the congregation of larger groups of believers.

God did a great work yesterday evening as we were coming back from Tartu. We nearly hit a car broadside that went through a yellow light more speedy than he should. We were also going through the yellow light in our lane to quickly as well. Romain hit the breaks hard and we barely bushed the other car and no one was hurt and there was no damage to either car. It could have been a fatal accident to the people in the other car. God did a great work in sparing us all. I must study this work of God and seek to learn all He wants to teach me. I must acknowledge that it is God that protected everyone and not give credit to luck or quick thinking but to God alone.

The work of God is so splendid and majestic and that is why I need to study all the work that God does around me and for me. I can learn and be reminded of how great God truly is. He is righteous and His righteousness will last forever. I can always be confident that His work is done for that which is right. It is good and for my good.

I am amazed at the closeness we came to a bad accident and yet it was so perfectly avoided. Only God could do what was done. I want to proclaim this work of God to individuals and to people wherever I am. I want God to receive the glory and be exalted as the One who does splendid and majestic deeds. I want to do this with all the works of God in my life and not only the ones that are so beautiful.

I know all His works have a purpose to bring Him honor and glory. Even the ones that are very difficult to understand such as my weeks and months of loss of energy and strength. I am grateful to learn more about myself in this time of weakness and my growth in prayer that God has brought into my life. Thank You Lord for Your great love for me and teaching me to trust You in all of the works that You do in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home