Thursday, May 17, 2007

Devotions 17-05-07

Ps 108:1-3
My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing, I will sing praises, even with my soul. Awake, harp and lyre; I will awaken the dawn! I will give thanks to You, O Lord, among the peoples; and I will sing praises to You among the nations.

David was determined to sing praises to the Lord and not only to sing but that this expression of praise would could from his soul. This deep emotion from the depth of his being. He would do this even before the sun had risen. He would be singing praises to God before the dawn and the dawn would hear and begin to rise.

David purposed to give thanks to the Lord and to do it among the peoples around him. He wanted his people to see his example and they would also give the Lord thanks. He also wanted the nations to see his faith and confidence in God and they would do the same. He wanted everyone to know The Almighty God who had been so good and gracious to him.

So do people around me see my thankfulness to God and see my praise of God in all I do? How should I do this? I thought my blog would be one way of doing this but I am not sure this is working that well. I must do it personally with those who are close to me and those who know me where I live and work. Oh, to be determined as David and to honor the Lord in all I do.

1 Comments:

At 4:40 AM, Blogger Bob Sander-Cederlof said...

Do you have an email address? You can reach me at bsanced@gmail.com.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home