Sunday, March 18, 2007

Devotions 18-03-07

Ps 65:1-4
There will be silence before You, and praise in Zion, O God; and to You the vow will be performed. O You who does hear prayer, to You all men come. Iniquities prevail against me, as for our transgressions, You do forgive them. How blessed is the one whom You do choose and bring near to You, to dwell in Your courts. We will be satisfied with the goodness of Your house, Your holy temple.

This whole Psalm is about the goodness of God to Earth and Man. You must read the whole Psalm to get the beautiful picture of the greatness of God and His love for mankind.

First there is the silence before God and then there is praise. God is so great and so majestic that I stand before Him in silence which soon erupts into praise. Then I would vow to do whatever He wishes. I am sure He is beyond any description and is more magnificent than anyone or anything.

This God is the one who hears prayer and all the world comes to Him for their needs and desires. Oh, how I must take advantage of this privilege while I have it; I must become a man of more dedicated prayer.I must make my six hours of prayer happen this week.

I am grateful for God's forgiveness and for His call upon my life. I must focus more on what I am doing with my time and make sure I am putting my efforts into the right people and the right activities. Lord I thank You for the team of eager disciples that want their lives to count for Your glory.

Lord, You are my strength and I am so grateful to be in Your courts and in Your house; to be in Your presence regularly. Thank you today for all You have done for Lou and me. Give us grace to do Your work this coming week and for the work of tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home