Monday, March 12, 2007

Devotions 12-03-07

Ps 59:16-17
But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength; yes, I shall joyfully sing of Your lovingkindness in the morning, for You have been my stronghold, and a refuge in the day of my distress. O my strength, I will sing praises to You; for God is my stronghold, the God who shows me lovingkindness.

I know that God is my strength and I do want to sing of that every morning. What is it that keep me from doing this? What is it that I want to get me going. I think I am looking for a button that I could push that would make me eager to get time with my Lord. Some way to get me in the right spirit to enjoy my time with God.

My conclusion, there is not button or easy way to get in tune with God. It is also true in any important relationship. It takes time and energy and the process is a vital part of a treasured relationship. I must have time to have a non-rushed relationship with my Lord. There may be singing or crying or just pouring out my heart to God. He is my strength and also my stronghold or place of safety and comfort. He is always available when I am in distress or hurting or weary.

I think it would be good for me to memorize these verses and quote them a few times when I first get up in the morning. I will start this tomorrow and see how the Lord might use these thoughts in my life. But I know the real key is my daily time with God in my devotional life. Just being in His Word and letting Him speak to me and having the opportunity to pour out my heart to Him. He does show me loving kindness every day and many times I am not even aware of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home