Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Devotions 06-03-07

Ps 53:1-3
The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God," they are corrupt, and have committed abominable injustice; there is no one who does good. God has looked down from heaven upon the sons of men, to see if there is anyone who understands, who seeks after God. Every one of them has turned aside; together they have become corrupt; there is no one who does good not even one.

This is a pretty sad description of mankind and is the very reason that Jesus Christ had to come to earth to die for men and women who were denying that He even existed. Our very own creator was forgotten and we lived the very opposite of what He created us to be.

How does this strike me as I read this description? Can I see my lack of seeking after God and doing the good He wishes me to do? Do I sometime live and act as if there is no God that I should be accountable to? Do I understand what God is doing in our world? Do I see His love for His creation and how much He longs for us to receive His salvation in Jesus Christ.

Lord, thank You for reminding me of my sin and rebellion toward You. Use my life to communicate to the world in which I live that there is a God who has created us all. He has provided for us a salvation or deliverance from the sin that is all around us. Help me to boldly live for You and to share with others what You have done in my life. What a contrast between the world around me and the joy and peace You have given to me and our family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home