Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Devotions 14-03-07

Ps 61:1-4
Hear my cry, O God; give heed to my prayer. From the end of the earth I call to You, when my heart is faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a refuge for me, a tower of strength against the enemy. Let me dwell in Your tent forever; let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings. Selah

A cry is not some quiet words of request but more a serious or desperate need. My prayers may have those urgent cries from time to time. God is available to hear me wherever I am and that is a comfort to know. He will lead me to Jesus Christ who is the rock who is higher than anything. God is my refuge and a tower of strength against my enemies.

God has invited me to come to Him for comfort and safety and that is such a blessing and privilege. There is no safer place on the whole earth or all creation than in God's presence. The writer of this Psalm says to us Selah. Stop and think about this and try to grasp the depth and the greatness of these words.

I think my application to this passage of scripture is Pray, Pray, and Pray. I must learn to pour out my heart in prayer to God. I must learn to set aside time to have no other tasks to do but to pray. I must get my heart in tune with God and just enjoy His presence. I must desire to do His will more than mine. God has a plan for the earth and all the peoples in the earth and I want to fit into His plan and bring Him honor and glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home