Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Devotions 07-03-07

Ps 54:1-3
Save me, O God, by Your name, and vindicate me by Your power. Hear my prayer, O God; give ear to the words of my mouth. For strangers have risen against me, and violent men have sought my life; they have not set God before them.

I need to always begin with God. His name and His power. Now I must speak to Him with words from my mouth. Not just think about my problems but actually talk with a personal God who wants to hear what I have to say. Sometimes I just do not know what to say but the Holy Spirit knows even my thoughts and groanings and will help me to communicate my needs to God. Romans 8:26

I live in a world that is hostile toward God and to those who follow His Word. Just as they disliked Jesus so they will dislike me as well. I must be prepared more and more how to handle the evil in the world and how to stand for Christ and not to be discouraged.

Eph 6:10-12 tells me that it is not people that I am fighting but it is the evil forces in our world that is working through unbelievers. I need all of God's armor to be able to withstand the flaming missiles of the evil one. I know this is not easy and that it will become harder and harder depending where I am. Lord, help me to stand and to honor You in all I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home