Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Devotions 13-03-07

Ps 60:11-12
O give us help against the adversary, for deliverance by man is in vain. Through God we shall do valiantly, and it is He who will tread down our adversaries.

My adversary is greater than I or anyone can handle. I must call out to God and let Him do the fighting. Only God has the strength and power to defeat the enemy of my soul and life.

There is a fine line here that sometimes gets confusing. God is the one who must do the fighting but I also must be there. I must cooperate with God and be one with Him in His purposes and goals. He is not serving me but I am serving Him.

There is a song entitled "Channels Only" which captures the truth of these scriptures.

How I praise You, precious Savior, that Your love laid hold of me; You have saved and cleansed and filled me that I might Your channel be.
Channels only blessed Master,but with all Your wonderful power,
flowing through us, You can use us every day and every hour.
Emptied that You should fill me, a clean vessel in Your hand, with no power but as You give graciously with each command.

So I must be a living channel that is very much a part of what God is doing in the lives of people in the world. I have no strength of my own except to be involved with God in His great work in our world.

I think this is the lesson God is trying to teach me through His Word and through the weakness of my flesh since having the flu a month or more ago. I must be in close harmony with God and make sure I am doing what God wants me to be doing. Then through His strength He and I will work together to fight the enemy and do great things for God's glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home