Thursday, March 08, 2007

Devotions 08-03-07

Ps 55:16-18
As for me, I shall call upon God, and the Lord will save me. Evening and morning and at noon, I will complain and murmur, and He will hear my voice. He will redeem my soul in peace from the battle which is against me, for they are many who strive with me.

In verses 12-14 David had some friends that came against him and against the Lord. They were not enemies but someone that he did some good things together and he thought they were friends. Now they were attacking him which was a great disappointment to him.

The first thing it caused David to do was to cry out to God and trust that God would deliver him from the attacks of his former friends. He even began to increase his prayer time with God; three times a day. It is God who allow difficult times to come into our lives so we might learn the great importance of prayer and other disciplines of our walk with God. It is so important that I learn from my trials and not give in to discouragement.

God will deliver me from those who attack me and I must be confident in this and trust God so completely. I must not lose heart and be discouraged. That is what the enemy of my soul desires. God wants me to see His greatness and to continue to show the world around me the all sufficiency of Almighty God.

I so want difficult times to draw me to time with God rather than to focus on my difficulties or my failures. Oh, that prayer would be my first reaction and cause me to be more serious about listening and communicating with God. I must use these times to focus on doing what would honor God and would give me the strength to do His will. Thank You Lord for your perfect plan to help me to grow into spiritual maturity and endurance as I walk this life with You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home