Friday, March 02, 2007

Devotions 02-03-07

Ps 52:8-9
But as for me, I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the lovingkindness of God forever and ever. I will give You thanks forever because You have done it, and I will wait on Your name, for it is good, in the presence of Your godly ones."

I want to be always learning more about God and growing into maturity like the green olive tree. If I am green I will be growing if I am ripe I will be rotting. I want to always be growing. This includes my trust in the mercy or lovingkindness of God. Oh, to completely trust God in everything and at all times.

I also want to be grateful to God for all that is happening in my life and around my life. He is the one that is in control of all situations that affect my life and the life of my loved ones. This would include the trials and tests that are so hard sometimes but they are for my good and the good of those I love so very much.

I will wait on Your name, for it is good, in the presence of Your godly ones. I am not sure what that is saying but it sounds like prayer. It sounds like God is saying it is good when you and other believers gather in My Name and look to me and wait for Me to give you guidance and strength and all God does for us as we wait together before Him. I really need to do this more than I do.

I need to spend more time with my team in prayer. We need to share what is on our hearts and be praying more for each other and for what is happening in our lives. It is so good and so important to be waiting on God with each other. Lord, help us to do this tomorrow after our bible study.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home