Thursday, March 01, 2007

Devotions 01-03-07

Ps 51:10-13
"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and sustain me with a willing spirit. Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, and sinners will be converted to You."

I need a clean heart everyday and many times a day. I want to maintain a clean heart as much as possible. So I need a renewed spirit of steadfastness. That I be strong against all the temptations around me to pull me into sin. In order to do this I need the presence of God in my life and the Holy Spirit to be my strength.

I am grateful, that as a believer, that God will not take His Holy Spirit from me as in the Old Testament but I am sealed by Him as His child. (Eph 1:13,14) I do need my joy restored because sin takes away the joy of my salvation. I am not sure about this willing spirit but I think David is praying for him to have a willing spirit to sustain his walk with God.

When I am right with God I will want to teach others the joy of the Lord and guide them into that most wonderful relationship. When I am sin I do not think of others but I become a selfish and prideful man. How miserable I am when I am in sin and away from the joy and peace that I have in God.

Lord, I pray David's prayer for my own life. Thank You for reminding me of all You have given me in Jesus Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home