Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Devotions 28-02-07

Ps 50:23
"He who offers a sacrifice of thanksgiving honors Me; and to him who orders his way aright I shall show the salvation of God."

God desires that my expression of Thanksgiving not be from my abundance but from a sacrificial action. Any one can be Thankful and give from their excess but it does nor really express gratefulness. To give from a needy perspective is what communicates a sincere attitude of Thankfulness. This attitude is what honors God.

Also how I discipline my life in doing what is right is also honoring to God and He promises to show me His deliverance's or salvation. It is not me doing what I feel like doing but following the ways of God regardless of the way I feel. I need to know the ways of God clearly so I might obey God and do what is right.

Lord, I do want to express to You Thanksgiving from a genuine attitude of Thanksgiving and not from my excess or abundance. I must be willing to sacrifice in order for You know I am truly grateful. I need wisdom in how I go about this. First, I should not do this out of convenience but sacrifice my time that I need to accomplish tasks I should do in order to spend time giving You Thanks. Continue to show me other ways to give You Thanks sacrificially.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home