Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Devotions 27-02-07

Ps 49:10-12
"For he sees that even wise men die; the stupid and the senseless alike perish, and leave their wealth to others. Their inner thought is, that their houses are forever, and their dwelling places to all generations; they have called their lands after their own names. But man in his pomp will not endure; he is like the beasts that perish."

No matter our status in life we will all die. I may be important and have a lot of money or material wealth but when I die I will leave it to others. I will have no control over what will happen to it. Some are thinking their homes or lands will carry their name on for generations but often it just does not happen. There are a few instances that this is true but that is not important to God.

The best way to have our lives remembered is to have our lives attached to eternal values. When I am involved with God in His work and His eternal purposes than I will be remembered not for what I do but because I am an integral part of what God is doing in the world.

It is my character, which is the character of Christ, that will be remembered not in what I do but in the way that I do my work. And really not in my work but my work for God. The more I am immersed in what God is doing in the world the more I will have lasting value. I must serve God in humility and for His glory, there is no greater purpose.

I am so grateful for all God has done for me. I am grateful for the difficult times in life to help me to see how temporal this life is and what I may accomplish in this life. Only eternal values are worth our focus and our labor. Oh, Lord, help me to keep Your eternal purposes clear in my life and how I do Your work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home