Monday, March 19, 2007

Devotion 19-03-07

Ps 66:16-20
Come and hear, all who fear God, and I will tell of what He has done for my soul. I cried to Him with my mouth, and He was extolled with my tongue. If I regard wickedness in my heart, the Lord will not hear; but certainly God has heard; He has given heed to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer, nor His lovingkindness from me.

The continued call to prayer and what it will do for me. The only ones who are really interested are those who fear or deeply respect God. What has God done for your soul and mine? The list would be quite long if I stopped to make it. Those who recognize what God has done will lift Him up with their words of praise.

One warning we must not forget is that if I hang onto sin my prayers will not be heard. If I refuse to turn from my sin the Lord will not be able to help me. God hates sin and will not help us to continue in our sin. Oh the wonder and the joy to leave my sin and to know that God listens to me. He hears my voice and the cry of my heart.

It is so wonderful to know the God who has not turned away my prayer nor His great deeds of love toward me. Just this fact should burn in my heart a greater desire to pray often to the Lord and seek His help in all of life. This should cause me to be ever so grateful to God and seek to honor and obey Him in all I do.

Lord, thank You for reminding me again and again of Your desire for me to come to You and that You delight to hear my voice. You are always showing me Your loving actions and always eager to forgive my sin. Lord, help me to hate sin as You and find the joy in following You and living in Your righteousness that You have so graciously given to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home