Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Devotions 20-11-06

II Cor 6:11-13
" Our mouth has spoken freely to you, O Corinthians, our heart is opened wide. You are not restrained by us, but you are restrained in your own affections. Now in a like exchange--I speak as to children--open wide to us also."

An important part of growth in the Christian life is to make our hearts open to those we are seeking to help. If I am open hearted to others it will help them to be open hearted to me. Many times it is really hard for new believers to be open hearted to others. Maybe they have been burned before when they have tried to do this. Paul was facing this with the Corinthians. He was urging them to open up their hearts to him so he might be able to help them. It is not possible to help anyone very much when they are not open hearted to me.

What prevents me from having an open heart to others? Fear of being misunderstood or being hurt or just lack of trust. Being open hearted is difficult when I am struggling or I am confused about what I should be doing. If I can be open hearted with a close friend may help me to be more open hearted with God. For sure I must learn to be open hearted with someone who is seeking to help me in my relationship with God if I want to grow in maturity.

It is so easy to just struggle on your own and not share your heart with others. It is scary at times to be so very honest with others when you are not sure they have your best interest at heart. That is why I need to be with God more and share my heart with Him. He does know what is best and He loves me and I must believe that with all my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home