Friday, November 17, 2006

Devotions 13-11-06

I think it is time for me to review some of the verses I have memorized on the Gospel. John 1: 12-13"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man but of God."

It is so clear and so simple that all I must do to become a child of God is to receive Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. He then gives me the authority to become His child and even to those who just believe in His name by faith. At this time I have a new birth which is not from the blood of other human beings, not from the determination of my flesh or from the determined will of man but it is totally from God Almighty.

It is so obvious that there is nothing I do to earn or gain this position with God but it is one that is given to me on the basis of faith in what Jesus Christ has done for me.

God, I am so grateful for all You have done for me on the basis of what Your Son Jesus did willingly on the cross. I have done nothing but to believe in You by faith and receive You into my life by faith. Lord give me a growing appreciation and solid conviction that my salvation is based on Your work and nothing that I do except to believe and to receive Jesus as my Lord and Savior by faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home