Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Devotions 18-11-06

II Cor 5:17
"Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away, behold, new things have come."

This verse and Rom 10:9-10 were key in my coming to Christ some 50+ years ago. The next day after praying and asking Jesus to come into my life I woke up to a new world of peace that I had never known. It seemed that everything was new and alive to me and I felt like a new person. This did not last a day or a month or a few years but now it is 52 years later. People can say all they want to about Christianity being a fable or a crutch or whatever but I know that Christ changed my life and I have not been the same since.

I do not mean to imply that I have not had any problems since then but the things of the past do not have a grip on my life and I have the power to resist evil that I did not have before Christ became my Savior. I have been refreshed more everyday that I have had in the presence of God. Sometime this week I think I will write out this experience as a fresh reminder of how this all happened.

Lord, what a privilege to have a relationship with You that has totally changed my life. I do not want to stop with what I have been given but I want to keep sharing this with others so they might have the same. Lord, I know You give the strength to share this good news with others and that You will lead me to those who You are working in their lives. Just as You worked in my life when I was 21 years old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home