Monday, November 13, 2006

Devotions 12-11-06

Job 14
In this chapter Job is expressing the hopeless of man. He does not know of the joy of the Lord. He does know that God is the Almighty but he does not know of God's mighty grace and the joy He wants to give to us. He does not have an intimate relationship with the God of the universe. Jesus has not yet come and revealed the character and great love of God.

This is the time to review the gospel of Christ and to remember all that God has done for me in His Son Jesus. I have become a child of God by faith and I now call God my Father. I have been given peace that is beyond understanding. I have joy unspeakable and full of glory. So I obey Phil 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say Rejoice." as the apostle Paul wrote.

Lord what a privilege I have in Christ and how quickly I forget all He has done for me. Oh, God refresh me and others today who need to return to the joy that is in You. Remind me of all the great things You have done for me and comfort me in Your great love and mercy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home