Saturday, November 18, 2006

Devotions 15-11-06

Eph 2:8-9
"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."

This is a wonderful truth found in many places in the bible but this verse says it so very clearly and so simply. God who is the author of grace and the one who defines grace has given to me something which I do not deserve and something I could never gain on my own. It is salvation from a life controlled by my own selfish desires without any care for others. It is a gift which can neither be bought or earned. It can only be received by faith and with gratefulness.

The reason is so I have nothing to boast about but to worship the Lord of all creation. He has done it all and I owe Him everything even my very life.

I am so grateful for the completeness and the clarity of what it means to be a believer in Christ. I do not have a lot of rules to follow nor am I required to be religious but simple to believe in Jesus Christ the very Son of the living God of all creation. Thank You Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home