Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Devotions 31-10-06

Job 7
Job is describing the futility of his life at the present. He does not understand why all the suffering when he has been seeking to obey God and to honor Him. He has been blind sided with this test from God and has no clue why it has happened to him.

I have never experienced such a fierce test and been so alone in the proces. When I am in difficulties I sometime think I am having a Job experience but mine has never been like his. As I read about Job I feel that at this point in God's redemptive history there was not a personal relationship with God as we have today. He did not have a personal relationship with Jesus because He had not come into the world to redeem men at this time.

We do have stories in our day of those who have suffered great illness or tragedy and have found comfort in the Lord Jesus and by the power of the Holy Spirit. How wonderful that I can have personal relation with God through His Son the Lord Jesus and He is with me through all of life's situations.

Even with this personal relationship with God suffering is not an easy experience. I need to learn how to comfort those who are having such difficult problems and pray diligently for them.

Lord, thank You for Your great plan of salvation and reedemption. Thank You that the Holy Spirit lives in us to be our comforter and guide in all of life's situations.Help me to comfort those I know that are having difficult tests of their faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home