Friday, October 27, 2006

Devotions 26-10-06

Job 2:10
"But he said to her, "You speak as one of the foolish women speaks. Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?" in all this Job did not sin with his lips."

I thought it was interesting that Job did not call his wife foolish but he spoke to her about how she was speaking. She was speaking like a foolish woman but Job knew that was not the character of his beloved wife. She was grieved over all the suffering that she saw her husband was enduring.

The important lesson here is that God gives us good things but He also allows difficulties to come into our lives to perfect our faith and our character. God is the one in control and no one else. For sure we are not in control even though sometimes I may think I am.

So why do I get upset when things go wrong? I am failing to realize that God is doing something I know nothing or little about. My goal should be to react to my circumstance in a godly manner and give God glory. Do I do this? Sometimes, but very often I do not. I know that I should trust God no matter what and give Him the glory.

Lord, continue to teach me the value of trusting You at all times. I do not need to know Your purposes but I do need to trust You completely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home