Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Devotions 25-10-06

Job 1:1-3; 21
There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job, and that man was blameless, upright, fearing God , and turning away from evil. And seven sons and three daughters were born to him. His possessions also were 7,000 sheep, 3,000 camels, 500 yoke of oxen, 500 female donkeys, and very many servants; and that man was the greatest of all the men of the east.

All this was was taken away from Job one day as a test of his faith and trust in God. God allowed satan to do all this. How would I respond to all this if I were Job? How did Job respond? We see in verse 21.

And Job said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb and naked I shall return there. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord."

This is a very severe test and we will see how Job and his friends go through this test. The thing I learned from this book last year was how to be a friend to someone who is suffering. I should not be like Job's friends.

How is my confidence and trust in God's control of my life. Do I really have all things given over to Him? Is my family His? Is all my possessions His? Do I give praise to God for all that happens to me? I know that I should but the doing of it is hard.

Lord, I must learn even more that I am not in control of the circumstance of my life. The only thing I can control is my response to them and my obedience to You. I must praise You whatever the circumstances and trust You with my family and all I have and even my own life. You have been very good and gracious to me and my family. Lord, help me to finish the coarse of my life well in honoring You and giving You praise for all things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home