Sunday, October 29, 2006

Devotions 28-10-06

Job 4: 6 & 7
"Is not your fear of God your confidence, and the integrity of your ways your hope?
Remember now, who ever perished being innocent? Or where were the upright destroyed?

Job and his friends did not know about Grace but mostly just about the law. Do what is right and God will bless you. If you do wrong you will be punished. They were trying to keep a law that they could not keep but that is all they knew what to do.

Job was the example of a man who had done much good but now he was suffering because God was doing a deeper work in his life. God has purposes to accomplish in our world that we know nothing about and He has the freedom to do what is best for me and for the eternal work of God.

Lord, I thank You that I can trust You to do what is right and not be afraid of the difficulties that You might bring into my life. I say this with some reservation but I do know that perfect love cast out any fear. I do want to love God without any fear of what God has in store for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home