Monday, October 30, 2006

Devotions 30-10-06

Job 6: 14
"For the despairing man there should be kindness from his friend; lest he forsake the fear of the Almighty."

A man who is in despair needs all the encouragement he can get. He does not need someone to analyze what he did wrong or what he should do but to encourage him in his faith and his trust in God. It is God who must reveal an issue between the one in despair and Himself who is allowing the circumstances to exist for whatever purpose He has chosen.

It is such a temptation to fix the problem of a friend or a loved one. I must be careful to think and pray for the wisdom that comes only from God. Oh, Lord, guide Melanie in her situation. Help me to know how to help her and to encourage her. Lord, bless her with strength that only You can give.

I am grateful for Your great mercy and grace. I know You always do what is right in my life. Help me to turn loose of my concerns and let You handle them all. You alone are the blessed controller of all things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home