Monday, October 23, 2006

Devotions 23-10-06

Song of Solomon 8: 6-7 (The Message)
(bride) "Hang my locket around your neck, wear my ring on your finger. Love is invincible facing danger and death. Passion laughs at the terrors of hell. The fire of love stops at nothing--it sweeps everything before it. Flood waters can not drown love, torrents of rain can not put it out. Love can not be bought, love can not be sold--it is not to be found in the market place."

There are a lot of stories about lovers who will do the above for one another. There are also a good number of stories about godly men and women who have done the same in their love for God. We just have to search for these more than the first.

My question is do I have this quality of love for God? Do others know by looking at me that there is a commitment to God etched into my life? Do I love God more than life and am I willing to face danger to do God's will? Is my love for God beyond any price and am I willing to die before I would deny my love for God? This is my heart's desire and determination!

Lord give me the grace I need for any circumstances of life so I will never deny Your love. May my passion for God be deep in my soul and not a shallow emotion that is easily taken away. Thank You Lord for Your great love for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home