Saturday, October 21, 2006

Devotions 21-10-06

I Pet 2: 24
"...He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed. For you were continually straying like sheep, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Guardian of your souls."

Today I was doing a bible study and I was impressed with this verse and how I should apply it to my life. Christ died so I might have forgiveness of sins and have eternal life. He conquered death so I might live eternally after this life with Him and all those that believe in Him, but He did even more for me.

He died so that I might die to sin and live to righteousness. He died so I might have a choice to sin which is our natural tendency or I could choose to live a righteous life through God's strength. The righteous life in Jesus Christ is far more fulfilling than the temporary pleasures of sin that in the long run really destroys me and those I love. Jesus has given me the power to choose righteousness and to resist sin because of His death.

I know that I can resist sin far more than I do. Lord, I pray for the strength and determination to follow doing right as You have instructed and resist the evil that many in this world follow. Help me be more conscious of evil and how it affects me and cling to Your righteousness which You have given to me. I am confident that the righteousness that Jesus has given to me is a rich gift that I must cherish and make it my conviction to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home